Thursday, January 12, 2012

The "Wolf" House

Susan and Paula. 
In my post earlier today, I mentioned Amberley residents who move back to Amberley. Sometimes buying and moving into the house they grew up in, and sometimes a different house. But the original house will always be known by the name of those families who lived there years ago. Such is the case of 7404 Willowbrook Lane, which will always be known as "the old Wolf house." Or "the house where all the parties were..."

Well, after 30 years, the Wolfs finally went back for a visit. Scott and I have been living in Amberley for 14 years, and have actually fantasized about owning the house ourselves, but we have our own "Wolf" house now and we like it just fine. But, while I was delivering campaign signs last fall, I happened to run into the current owner of Scott's old house and after I introduced myself and explained my relationship to the house (I had never actually been inside the house), I was graciously invited in for a tour. The current owners, John and Susan Briggs, have renovated the house and it is absolutely gorgeous. When I got back home, I was so excited that I called my mother-in-law right away and told her I had seen her old house and that she would have to come and see it for herself when she came to town.

So, a couple of weeks ago, my husband and I took his mom, Paula, over to tour her old house. Scott's brother Jeff (known to old Amberlyians as "Duffy") also joined us. I can tell you that Paula was thrilled with the care that John and Susan have taken with the house, and she was positively glowing from both the tour and the opportunity to regale us all with stories of raising five Wolf kids in Amberley!
Duffy and Paula outside the kitchen door. Paula wouldn't go in the front door because "no one ever went in that way."

Scott, John, and Duffy. Lots of stories!

2 comments:

  1. I have wonderful memories of that house and all the fun we had visiting over the years. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I must have heard a million stories over the years! It was so fun to finally see the interior of the house. To this day, Scott and I are introduced to complete strangers who inevitably say they went to parties at the Wolf house.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous posts will not be published. Please include your real name. Thank you.